Friday, May 16, 2014

Another Stroll Down Ivy Lane

...yes, I am featuring the lovely Ivy Lane range of products again in today's blog post! I love the pretty colour palette which includes subtle pinks, smokey plums and lovely florals. It was the first range I reached for when I created my little Hip Pics family "brag book". This handbag sized album was created in just over an hour and includes some of my most treasured photos.

The album title was created using the Cricut Artbooking Collection and the woodgrain background paper came from the wonderful Timberline Paper Pack. It is such a versatile paper that has so many fun applications...experimenting with the direction of the grain can really change the appearance of your artwork. The album has 16 pages and is designed for 4 x 4 photos. This is a little "peek" at a few of the pages.


I stamped all the Blush and Hollyhock cardstock with the wire image from the  Distressed Backgrounds stamp set... just to add some texture and then sponged the edges with Blush Ink to add depth. I really enjoyed making this quick and very easy project and I will be sharing this (and another version using the Skylark papers) with some of my papercraft buddies tomorrow at a National Scrapbook Event. If you would like to create one for yourself or would like to gather a group of friends together and schedule a Project Class I would LOVE to show you how!!

 

2 comments:

Janice Gilhooley said...

So inspiring Chris!! It was great to see you yesterday, and I just loved seeing this gorgeous creation of yours "for real"!!!

Janice Gilhooley said...

So inspiring Chris!!! It was wonderful seeing you yesterday, and getting to see this gorgeous album of yours "for real"!