Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Easy Peasy - Stamp of the Month Card

Today I wanted to show you the versatility of this month's Stamp of the Month - it is not all about cute Owl images and Halloween themes! As many of you know I am a flower making addict LOL! and instantly I saw petal, leaf and flower shapes in many of the images showcased in this stamp set. Highlight these images with the new Brushed Paper Pack and you have a totally different themed card. This card was "super easy"  to create I simply followed one of my favourite sketches ( you will find it here ). I then added some random stamping in Hollyhock Ink to my Hollyhock Cardstock for a lovely tone on tone look, a sweet sentiment from the A Budding Friendship stamp set and a little paper piecing and the card was done! - Easy Peasy!!


The paper pieced flower was created by stamping 8 petal/wing shapes from the What A Hoot stamp set in Black Ink onto a small piece of pink patterned paper, taken from a page in the My Crush - In the Pink Book - each petal was then fussy cut using my "all time favourite"  Micro-Tip Scissors then arranged into a flower shape and adhered to the card base. The centre of the flower and the leaves were cut from the images in the large floral design paper in the Brushed Paper Pack - I love the primitive hand-painted look of this paper. I then did some faux stitching using the Marvy Fine Tip Pen just to add that finishing touch.

If you would like to create your own floral embellishments with this stamp set? - simply place a $75 order in my Online Shop and you can purchase this set for just $5 - absolutely amazing value for money - this set contains 17 different images with a variety of applications!

 

1 comment:

Nancy Ball said...

This is gorgeous, Chris. I'll bet you could find the right size of the small leaf on Art Philosophy to fit this wing to cut, if you didn't want to fussy cut. This would be a wonderful poinsettia card.