Sunday, August 17, 2014

Single Page Sketch Layout

Every now and then I come across special photos that not only deserve a place in my memory albums but also need their own place in the limelight....and the gorgeous Designed Décor and My Creations range of products from Close To My Heart provide the perfect way to do that. This range is not only trendy and fun but it is also very functional. One of my favourites is the Designed Decor Shadow Box they come in Black or  Colonial White - wooden frames with a hinged back that opens for easy loading and have a magnetic closure.



I've just designed a simple Single Page Sketch that I can adapt and use time and time again to create interchangeable layouts to showcase in my frames. In the Black Shadow Box Frame I made an affirmation layout for my youngest daughter to place in her study - she is just finishing up her final year at University and now, while she is searching for employment, it is even more important that she doesn't give up on her Dreams!.


I love how a bit of random stamping and some layering of paper trims made with the Scallop and Chevron Border Punches can create a layout that looks like a mixed media piece of artwork without all the preparation and mess!! The "splotch" stamp image found in the stamp set from the Brushed Workshop on the Go Scrapbooking Kit makes it so easy to added a painted look to cardstock that is almost feels like "cheating" - Fun, Fun, Fun!! My "Dream" title and other stamped embellishments were fussy/hand cut using my trusty Micro Tip Scissors - I use them so much I think I have to put them as No. 1 on my Top 10 list of favourite products...do you have a "go to tool" or a No. 1 favourite?? if so, leave me a comment below... I'd love to hear what is your most treasured tool.

This is the Sketch I created, along with the layout I have placed inside the Colonial White Shadow Box Frame for my own study - a favourite photo of my girls that I simply treasure. The large "smile" title was cut from some of the 3 x 4 cards in the Picture My Life Seaside Scrapbooking Program using the font found in the Art Philosophy Cricut Collection - the heavier paper adds a little more dimension and makes the title pop! I "blinged" this layout up with a couple of different embellishments, the puffy stickers from the Chalk It Up Assortment and some White Enamel Stars .
If you have a favourite photo or some other artistic handiwork you would like to feature in your home just log into my Online Shop and click on the 3D Gifts and Decor Section and you will find a variety of  display frames to suit your own personal decorating style - even the very on trend Chalkboard and Shabby Chic Wire Frames.

Happy Decorating!



No comments: