Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Quick Christmas Project

It is not yet November and my Christmas preparations are well under way - and yes! that is very unusual for me...and even more so, considering I have had an extremely busy October! Before I share one of my Christmas craft projects with you....I want to take this opportunity to once again convey my love & gratitude for Jeanette Lynton's Close To My Heart & the sisterhood it embodies. It was a very special moment being honoured by my peers with the inaugural Australasian Spirit of Close To My Heart Award at our first Australasian convention...I sincerely LOVE what I do! ... so much so, that the minute I arrived back home from the convention I hit the road again, spending 4 days in the city demonstrating and promoting this wonderful company and product range.


While the travelling has been fun it is also lovely to be home "playing" in my Happy Room - a little ink on my fingers and lots of paper scraps on my floor and I am bouncing with joy!....and that my friends brings me to the little Christmas project I wanted to share with you.

This quick and easy home décor piece was created using some wooden letters and the gorgeous Yuletide Carol Paper Pack. I simply adhered the papers to the letters ( using Bonding Memories Glue ) then using the Sanding Kit I trimmed the paper back to the outline of each letter. Next some Ink was applied to the edges of the letters using a Sponge..... not only to disguise any irregularities!! but to add some depth and shadowing to each individual letter. I decided to keep this project very simple and chose to only embellish the "O". The roses and leaves were cut using my Cricut Machine and the Art Philosophy Cartridge, then some "sparkle and shine" was added with Gold Glitter Gems from the Yuletide Carol Assortment along with Gold Sequins and some clear Bitty Sparkles....quick, easy and Done!

If you too, are wanting a head start on your Christmas Projects??... don't forget this month's Stamp of the Month.... it is a stamp set jammed packed with images that make great gift tags, tree decorations and add that finishing touch to your Christmas Card Creations...time is running out, so order yours today here at my Online Shop.



....be sure to pop back for a visit on Friday when I share some lovely Christmas Cards created by one of my Craft Friends!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Your work is inspiring.

Papercrafting with Doreen said...

Beautiful, Chris! I love the simplicity and the colours! Thanks for sharing x