Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Gift Giving Ideas

If you are looking at creating personal and exclusive handmade gifts for your family and friends this Christmas??... be sure to check out Close To My Heart's "colour-ready" My Creations range in my online shop - there are some great goodies to choose from... mini albums, boxes, bags, and frames just to name a few. In my last post I shared one of the Hip Pics Mini Album with you and today I wanted to show a Pennant Frame that showcases one of my favourite photos of my youngest daughter.....a gift for her Grandma.

Decorating this frame was a quick afternoon project...my cricut machine cut out all the pieces and I just pieced it together! The frame, flowers and leaves were all cut from shapes found on the Art Philosophy Cartridge and the title and overlay (decorative edge around the photo) are featured on the Artbooking Cartridge. It was all adhered together using my favourite adhesive - Bonding Memories Glue. This all-purpose glue is perfect for safely bonding photographs, artwork, and more. It is acid free and creates both permanent and temporary bonds. I was really happy with my flower centres which came together when I applied Black Epoxy Bubbles on top of Gold Bling Gems - it really made the flowers pop and how great does the variegated paper from the Brushed Paper Pack look, made up as flowers??? - very effective! I love, love, love! this paper pack!!! I also have a pack to send to one lucky reader of my blog...to be in the draw, simply leave a comment below or add your name to my followers. I will randomly chose a winner and announce it here on Friday the 14th November.


Over the next few weeks I will be conducting Christmas Craft Classes full of "create & take" type projects such as this, along with decorative boxes for your Christmas baking treats and many more gift giving ideas. If you would like to attend one of these classes or schedule a gathering to create these projects, with your friends and family - please feel free to email me at lotfam@iinet.net.au I'd love to "show you how".

Thanks for stopping by today - don't forget to leave a comment and be sure to pop back on Friday and see what my crafty friends have been up to.
 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I played with the brushed pack at our workshop on sun with our consultant jenny and absolutely loved it great for pages of my 4 year old grandaughter

Unknown said...

Played with brushed pack at our worksh op on sun with our consultant jenny I absolutely loved it did a page with my 4yo granddaughter

Unknown said...

Love the colour combination. . Once again Chris you have done an amazing job.. Love the flowers.. You are my scrapbook hero.. xx

Unknown said...

Hi Chris,
I'm still following you on Facebook & Pinterest and I am loving what I have been seeing.
I would love to come to a make and take and have a play.
Martine Rasmussen.

Michelle said...

This looks so beautiful Chris ! Love the colour combo and the flowers give the piece a real pop !!! You are so clever !!! Love love love x