Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #105

It is time for another sketch over at the Atlantic Hearts Challenge Blog...



.. and today I can give testimony to how quick a card can come together when you use a sketch design. As I was "cleaning" my craft room  (getting a little distracted in the process) and organising & filing away paper scraps, pre-coloured images and die-cut shapes I came across a little collection of pieces that co-ordinated beautifully and I knew would be perfect for this sketch... amazing what you can do with scraps!!


I reversed the basic sketch design layering some small pieces of cardstock, some pink & purple paper (from a yet to be released paper pack!! - so stay tuned!) then cut a strip from a card found in the For Always - Picture My Life Program to form a border. I then added some faux stitching lines with a black Marvy® Uchida® LePen™ Journaling Pen.

The cluster of flowers was created with some small flower images from the Wavy Blooms Stamp Set - they were coloured using ShinHan Touch Twin Markers and a layering technique in colours of Cherry Pink, Tender Pink, Peony Purple and Lavender. The centres were embellished with Black Epoxy Bubbles. The flowers were then layered over a flourish and leaf shape left over from a previous project cut from the Cricut® Art Philosophy Collection.


Don't forget to pop on over to the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and take a peek at all the inspiring ideas - play along with us and post your creations based on this sketch too... it is a lot of fun!



 

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Love your card! The colors are great and I just love those flowers. Love using "scraps"!!!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

I love your use of Wavy Blooms flowers and flourish on your card. Thanks for describing how you used leftovers to make your card--I've got many of them! Thanks for the inspiration!
:) Marie

Jessica K said...

Such a pretty card - your flowers sure pop and the color combo was a great choice.