Saturday, April 4, 2015

Happy Easter

Hopping by today to wish you a very Happy Easter and to share one of the paper pieced cards I have been making to accompany my Easter gifts.

Paper piecing is a great technique for using up all your small paper scraps and the large Easter Egg image in the Hopping By stamp set is perfect for doing just that!

I used 3 different paper packs to piece together my multi-coloured egg - Brushed, Blossom and Hopscotch and they all worked so beautifully together. I loved the stitching featured in the image design and decided to continue this throughout the card by adding faux stitching around the white mats using the black Marvy® Uchida® LePen™ Journaling Pen. The card was then finished off with some scallop edging, created with the Scallop Border Punch , a touch of glitter using paper from the Teal Glitter Paper Pack and some coloured sequins...a mix from both the "new" Oceanside and Coral Reef packs.

The little vase of tulips in the background of my photo was inspired by this art work image from the new Seasonal Expressions #2 idea book/catalogue ( released yesterday!!)

 
 
I love up-cycling old jars and bottles and using the Glacier Extra Thick Twine to do this is just so so clever!!! I knew the minute I saw this idea I would see lots of twine creations coming out of my craft room. If you want to try this yourself ?? - don't forget Close To My Heart now have 4 colours of extra thick twine to choose from - Flaxen, Thistle, Pixie and of course Glacier - they are all available from my Online Shop.
 
 
Creating these little home-décor masterpieces is very easy, all you need to do is apply a thin layer of Liquid Glass to the surface of the jar/bottle and carefully wind the twine all the way around the outside until it is covered - don't you love how simple that is??!
 
I hope you have a lovely weekend and the Easter Bunny brings you something "eggs-tra" special


 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how I love the new colours in the twine.

Nancy Ball said...

Chris, your egg card is really BEAUTIFUL with the paper piecing. The Blossom zip strip.....I would love an entire sheet of paper with that...makes everything more sophisticated!