Sunday, July 12, 2015

Rainbow Card

I am not a great fan of winter and as I mentioned in my last post the weather here has been bitter! The cold snap we are having has also resulted in a string of dark rainy days. Melbourne even had it's wettest day since 1990 today. While I am happy to be out of the rain and indoors crafting, I really would love to see some brighter days ahead... but as the saying goes "you can't have a rainbow without a little rain"

The card I am sharing with you today, has a touch of my much needed sunshine and plenty of rainbow! The card design was built on a Kraft Cardstock base which really made the colours pop.



I created this card using the Rain and Shine Stamp Set (pictured at the bottom of this post). The sun was made using a shape from the Cricut® Artiste Collection cut from Canary Cardstock and the stamped image in the centre was inked in Canary Ink and cut into a circle. The clouds were created using the base and shade technique in Crystal Blue Ink and given a fluffy appearance by sponging small areas with White Daisy Pigment Ink. I used Silver Sequins to represent raindrops and a combination of rainbow coloured papers from the Paper Fundamentals Whimsy Assortment trimmed with a scallop edge of White Daisy Cardstock for my rainbow strip.

The Fundamental Paper packs are fabulous to use as foundation colour for any project, each pack contains 20 double-sided 12" × 12" sheets (2 each of 10 designs) - the same patterned design on both sides, one side with a full colour glossy resist. If you are a fan of this range ( as I am! ) I can let you in on a little secret. I have heard a whisper from our US Convention, that this range has some awesome additions coming it's way on the 1st September... so make sure you stay tuned.

In the meantime, check out the list of  products in the Retiring Items and While Stocks Last sections of my Online Shop - there are some wonderful products in both lists that I know you won't want to miss having in your craft collection.


 

1 comment:

Nell said...

Chris you never fail to inspire me! This has been one of my least favourite stamps ever so it was lovely to see it put to such good use!