Wednesday, December 2, 2015

A Creative Distraction

Two blog posts in less than a day is a bit of a first for me LOL!! It seems when the crafting mojo is in full force other priorities take a back seat!

Last night I finished off another floral card using the December Stamp of the Month. I am a bit addicted to this design and painting with Watercolours at the moment. This is the third card in the series and this time Canary Yellow was the feature colour along with a few slight variations. I used  different paper patterns from the La Vie En Rose Paper Pack, some Kraft Cardstock, Black Fundamental Assortment ( for flower centres ) and Kraft diecut shapes found in the La Vie En Rose & Zoe complement packs.


I also used a different sentiment from the Candlelight Garden stamp set - if you missed out on seeing the other cards?... you will find them by clicking here.

One of my tasks today was to tidy my craft room. My desk was buried under lots of pretty papers, embellishments and a barrage of tools. I started with really good intentions and as I was "slowly"  putting everything back where it belonged - I got distracted by all these goodies. This distraction resulted in another little card using the December Stamp of the Month!


If you are a regular visitor to my blog you will notice the design and papers used, are similar to cards I shared last week ( you can view them here ).

This time I used the candle image from the Candlelight Garden stamp set and placed it inside the mason jar image using the paper piecing technique. The candle was stamped onto the yellow paper from the Kaleidoscope Paper Packet and the flame section coloured with the ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ Golden Yellow Marker,  the lid of the jar was stamped onto Slate Cardstock. The fern coloured leaves were left-over pieces from one of the layouts I created for my Convention presentation...and if you missed that post you can see that too by clicking here. The other piece of green is a small piece cut from a White Pines Picture My Life™ card. The large heart and label embellishment can be found in the La Vie En Rose Complements and the scallop circle is from the Whimsy Fundamental Sticker Pack ,with a heart shape in the centre also from the Black Fundamental Assortment.

I love how this card came together from all the little bits and pieces left-over from my previous creations and while I didn't get to clear away everything on my desk... the few pieces that would have been thrown out (with the rubbish) have creatively turned into a special card for a friend... and tomorrow, I really should finish the tidy up I started!!

I know those of you who follow my Facebook page have seen all the wonderful bonus offers Close To My Heart have recently released, but have you seen the gorgeous new Planner... that has made me giddy with excitement?? I've ordered mine already and can't wait to have it delivered - you will love this 2016 diary that also gives you the experience of “memory keeping on the go”. In this planner/diary you can also track your weekly menus and shopping lists, decorate important reminders with stickers & stamps, and tuck away precious memories in especially designed pocket and My Crush® Everyday Life Pages. More details can be found in my Online Shop...simply click here.
 
Right up until the 31st December you can order a Everyday Life™ album, the accompanying Everyday Life 2016 planner pages, and the coordinating
Everyday Life Perfect Plan roller stamp in an exclusive product bundle for only $45.95 AUD. That’s over 15% off the retail price!




Happy Planning!

No comments: