Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Stamp of the Month - Beloved Bouquet

It is time for another new sketch over at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and because I am currently "obsessed" with the January Stamp of the Month...yes, it's a big favourite at the moment and it is getting used in so many of my papercraft projects... I thought I would combine the two.

Sketch Challenge # 141

 
 
 

I decided to reverse the sketch, and alter the design a little. I shortened the border strip and moved the sentiment to the lower section of the card... and this was the result.


I used another of the new paper packs recently released by Close To My Heart called Penelope - this pack simply makes me smile... is it so bright and pretty. It includes 12 springtime style prints - 12" × 12" B&T Duos™ (2 each of 6 double-sided designs). The floral cluster was created using the 2nd generation stamping technique along with the base & shade method - the Beloved Bouquet stamp set has been designed to help you create this great textured effect - here's how... stamp the solid base in a light colour of ink (2nd generation ink) and the matching detail image in a darker colour directly over it. For this card the flower and leaf images were stamped in Thistle, Pixie, Honey and Pear Exclusive Inks™. I used this same technique for the background section of ink splatter stamped with an image from the Ink Blot Stamp Set. There are 7 sentiments to choose from in this month's Stamp of the Month set and all of them would have been perfect for this card but I chose to use "you mean so much to me". I love the brush stroke style of font used for this image. The card was embellished with the Pixie coloured washi tape from the new Limeade Washi Pack and 2 little heart stickers - the pink heart from the Kaleidoscope Complements and the black glitter heart from the Black Fundamental Assortment.

If you would like to play along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge or see what the design team created using this sketch - you can find the Atlantic Hearts blog here. To purchase the Stamp of the Month - Beloved Bouquet, head on over to my online store and while you are there, browse through the complete list of new products.

If you are interested in attending one of my upcoming workshop events?? You will find me in Melbourne on the 16th January (Heidelberg) and the 17th January (Mulgrave) the registration fee for both events includes your choice of a Scrapbook or Card kit featuring this month's Stamp of the Month and the 3 new paper packs (Charlotte, Regatta and Penelope). Click HERE to register for Heidelberg or HERE for Mulgrave. I'd love for you to join us for some papercrafting fun...everyone is welcome!!

 

3 comments:

Ali said...

Just gorgeous... what inspiration!! TYFS. Great job- WOW.

Ali said...

The colour combination here is just gorgeous. Such a pretty card-well done!

Michelle said...

such a great card! my sotm is ordered and can't wait to play with it. see so many cute cards and yours is one of my favorites